M-HEALTH: MOBILE DEVICES WILL HELP DELIVER BETTER CARE FOR LESS
Indeed, it’s likely that m-health will be at the heart of innovative solutions that could ultimately redefine healthcare delivery.
- Digital Transformation of Care Delivers Benefits
- M-Health is Growing Worldwide
- Yet There Are Barriers to M-Health
- M-Health Can Boost the Economy
- SUPPORTING PREVENTIVE MEDICINE
- Turning Patients into Active Participants
- CONTRIBUTING TO MORE EFFICIENT HEALTHCARE
- ACCELERATING THE ADOPTION OF M-HEALTH SOLUTIONS
By putting patients at the center of prevention and treatment, m-health initiatives can empower them to be active participants in their healthcare.
This shift toward a more empowered role for patients requires a re-design of healthcare infrastructure, which is currently organised around healthcare professionals.
Such a re-design would in no way diminish the role of doctors and other healthcare professionals. Rather, it would help enrich their interactions with patients by giving them extra communication tools, more and better quality data for analysis and by fostering more active patient participation in care and treatment decisions.
Spotlight on Prevention: When, Who and How?
Unhealthy lifestyles and lack of physical activity are key factors in the development of chronic diseases. Early prevention and diagnosis, better education, and above all collaboration among governments, patient organizations, and industry are crucial to prevent chronic diseases from arising.