M-HEALTH: MOBILE DEVICES WILL HELP DELIVER BETTER CARE FOR LESS
Indeed, it’s likely that m-health will be at the heart of innovative solutions that could ultimately redefine healthcare delivery.
- Digital Transformation of Care Delivers Benefits
- M-Health is Growing Worldwide
- Yet There Are Barriers to M-Health
- M-Health Can Boost the Economy
- SUPPORTING PREVENTIVE MEDICINE
- Turning Patients into Active Participants
- CONTRIBUTING TO MORE EFFICIENT HEALTHCARE
- ACCELERATING THE ADOPTION OF M-HEALTH SOLUTIONS
There are five main barriers currently preventing m-health from reaching a fuller potential.
Tablets and smartphones have become ubiquitous. Leveraging their presence in people’s lives to improve disease prevention, manage treatments and improve communication between doctors and patients is the logical next step for healthcare delivery. Stakeholders, from policymakers to hospital systems to physicians and beyond must work together to find ways to develop m-health’s capacity to improve patient outcomes and control healthcare costs.
Spotlight on Prevention: When, Who and How?
Unhealthy lifestyles and lack of physical activity are key factors in the development of chronic diseases. Early prevention and diagnosis, better education, and above all collaboration among governments, patient organizations, and industry are crucial to prevent chronic diseases from arising.